Saturday 9 April 2011

Cupids Got a Gun...





It all started that warm november afternoon after our quantitative financial analysis class...we were  given a coursework which was due in a weeks time...and yes I knew him...okayy!!! We both knew each other...I know this because we bump into each other most sundays in church, He was a worker in church...well, an Usher actually. I on the other hand, a mere church member. But we never spoke or muttered a single word/ syllable..Just the regular eye contact....I hated him though, why??..well..he was stunningly good looking, intelligent, witty,a notorious intellect, everything I wanted in a man...okayy!!!..the other day in class I caught him flirting with sade and lolade and they laughed shamelessly at some joke he had cracked....it was funny because from where I was seating I could here his voice..that deep, melodic voice and what he said was actually funny cos I was wearing a sheepish smile on my face, Nobody saw or heard me laugh but it was funny. I was green with envy, I'd be dying to talk to him for like ever but every girl in class wanted a piece of him.

Last sunday could have been the perfect time to say hi...I woke up terribly late that day, no thanks to Abiola who kept on ranting and ranting about this guy she was with two days earlier, I really wanted to sleep but she kept going on and on about how he had spoilt her silly bla bla., yadi yada..was I jealous??..Maybe a little but the 'said' man was MARRIED so really it'll probably not last long......Anewais, the tireless rant led to me ignoring my alarm when it went off and Yes I got to church later than usual...

As I stepped into church, he was the first person I saw, a smile was already forming on his face and as he was about to usher me to my seat, I took my face away and stormed past him...Maybe I was a little bit cranky, My brain was still booting and I was in no mood to put on a forced smile...
'Jadesola Jadesola'...My inner voice said sternly
'What'... I replied
'Oh nothing, Learn to take things slow'...my inner voice muttered and disappeared..

So let's just say, the long awaited conversation didn't hold that day , well not up until today after my lecturer had pasted d list of our various group members for the assigned coursework he had given....

"Jadesola"....He said
I slowly turned back, I knew he was the one but I took my time, pretended that it was a voice I had formed in my thoughts...maybe it was a dream, had I heard right??...
'Jadesola' the voice said while poking me on the shoulder...
I put on my best winsomely enticing smile and said " Bodunde, Hi"...

To be continued....

No comments: